We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. We created this policy to give you confidence with regards to your personal data when visiting and using the VanMarcianoPaintings website.
We may also notify you by email of these changes, however, we strongly recommend that you review this page from time to time to stay up to date.
This policy is effective from [1st January 2006].
This policy was last updated on [7th October 2018].
Van Marciano Paintings, Van Marciano Art (vanmarcianopaintings.co.uk) understand the significant importance of privacy and data protection and is fully committed to achieving compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR.)
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns with regards to the use of your Personal Data and we will happily assist you.
1. Who we are
Van Marciano Paintings, (vanmarcianopaintings.co.uk) is a website that sells bespoke, original, hand-painted, canvas paintings created by Fabrizio Van Marciano. The website is also run and managed by Fabrizio Van Marciano.
Van Marciano Paintings, the company, and website (vanmarcianopaintings.co.uk) is based in North Devon, England, UK.
Our full mailing address is:
Van Marciano Paintings
9 Richmond Road
You can contact the owner, Fabrizio Van Marciano, on telephone +44 07539 243339.
2. What we collect
We collect (and store) the following information through this website:
- First and/or last name. (Email signup form, payment checkout form, membership registration form).
- Username (Membership registration form).
- Company name. (Optional in payment checkout form).
- Shipping address and country. (Payment checkout form).
- Email address (required) and/or telephone number (optional). (Email signup form, payment checkout form).
- Demographic information such as age, sex, plus GeoLocation (including country), IP address, browser/device, preferences, and interests. (via Google Analytics, PushCrew Web Notification, Crazy Egg, Wordfence, Email signup forms through MailChimp).
- Referral information such as website address, industry, company, etc. (via Google Analytics, Email signup forms, Crazy Egg.)
3. What we do with the information we collect
We require this information to understand your needs and to provide you with an improved service through this website.
Here’s how we store and use your personal data:
- Internal record keeping. (Orders, shipping addresses, name and email address, account username and password (We cannot see your account password so make sure to make this strong and keep it somewhere safe). You can access all of this information via your Account Dashboard by logging in).
- Communication. (Order recieved notification, order sent notification, parcel tracking information).
- Service improvements. We may use the information you provide to improve our products and services.
- Marketing. We may occasionally send you promotional email newsletters about our products, services, special discounts and offers using the ‘name’ and ’email address’ which you provided through one of our email signup forms. Please note: we WILL NOT automatically add your email address to any email marketing when you purchase from our website unless you consent for us to do so via the checkbox during checkout.
- Website improvements. (We may use the information you provide to customize our website according to your interests and needs).
- Zero Personal Data Distribution Policy. (We will NEVER sell, distribute or lease your personal information with any third party unless we are required to do so by law, and to assist fraud protection and minimize credit risk).
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data remains fully secured and encrypted when visiting and shopping on our website.
In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures (secure connection and website firewall) to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Please ensure that when you are visiting our website or filling out any forms, or purchasing a product, that the URL starts with the Secure HTTPS Protocol and the padlock is present. (See image below).
As an additional security measure, we frequently carry out core integrity checks, scan and monitor our website for any irregular activities, including spamming and brute for login attempts using WordFence.
5. What happens with your sensitive information when purchasing through our website?
Payment details are encrypted. All payments are processed securely through either PayPal or Stripe if using credit or debit card.
Your credit/debit card information is NOT stored on our website servers.
When visiting this website for the first time, you will be provided with an option to Accept Cookies in a pop-up box that will appear at the footer of the page.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file which asks for permission to be placed in your web browser/computer hard drive.
The file is added and the cookie helps us to measure and analyze: website traffic and visitor behavior.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an “individual”.
The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your “preferences”.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us to analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to your needs.
We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any sensitive information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better user experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
If for any reason you decide that you do not like cookies, you can simply change your browser settings even after you’ve accepted them.
This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website, content, and product offers.
7. Third-party tracking
Google and various other websites that are listed below can track you through “this Site” as we use their services for social media, usage analysis, behavior tracking, and infrastructure purposes.
Google participates in the NIA opt-out program. You can visit this link to no longer be tracked by Google and Google properties such as Google Plus.
You can also visit the following sites to read their privacy policies and how they track individuals across the web:
8. Links to other websites
VanMarcianoPaintings, “this site”, may contain links to other websites of similar interest and relevance. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any personal information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
By registering to become a member of the Van Marciano Paintings website, you benefit from the following –
- View purchase history.
- View recent orders and status (Track your orders).
- Add reviews to artworks you have already purchased.
- Manage billing and shipping address.
- Personalize your notifications preferences to receive our email newsletter and exclusive members-only deals and discounts.
- Change privacy settings.
- Access and manage your profile and settings.
10. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a contact form on this website, look for the checkbox stating that you consent that the information you are submitting will only be used for “communication purposes”.
- Whenever you are asked to fill in an email signup form on this website, look for the checkbox stating that you consent that the information you are submitting can be collected and stored in order for you to receive timely updates and/or marketing content, discount deals via email communication.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at: sales[at]vanmarcianopaintings.co.uk
- If you have a membership account with our website, simply log in and click on the Privacy Tab to make your changes. Or, you can click on Delete Account to remove all of your personal information from our website.
If you subscribed to our website via PushCrew Web Push Notifications, click the button below to access the preference manager and to change your notification preferences accordingly.
If you subscribed to our website via an email signup form (Mailchimp), you can review and unsubscribe here.
You may request details of any personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Fabrizio Van Marciano
Van Marciano Paintings
9 Richmond Road
Tel: +44 (0) 7539 243339
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.